Apr 23, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Liverpool have one hand on the Premier League title, and the man who has put them in that position gets the Player of the Week award.
Raheem Sterling came up big when it mattered away at Norwich on Sunday, as the 19-year-old English winger scored twice and added an assist at the Reds beat the Canaries 3-2 to go five points clear at the summit.
Sterling has been in sensational form in recent weeks, scoring three times in his last two games and delivering a speedy outlet on the wing for Brendan Rodgers‘ side. The youngster started off the season in fine fashion, tailed off a little in the middle but has now regained his best form at the perfect time of the season.
With three games left, Sterling knows if he puts in a few more sterling performances (sorry, couldn’t resist) the Reds will win their first league title in 24 years.
This week’s PL Player of the Week is Raheem Sterling, watch the video above to see why the talented youngster took home the gong.
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 1
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 4
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0