Apr 23, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
Liverpool have one hand on the Premier League title, and the man who has put them in that position gets the Player of the Week award.
Raheem Sterling came up big when it mattered away at Norwich on Sunday, as the 19-year-old English winger scored twice and added an assist at the Reds beat the Canaries 3-2 to go five points clear at the summit.
Sterling has been in sensational form in recent weeks, scoring three times in his last two games and delivering a speedy outlet on the wing for Brendan Rodgers‘ side. The youngster started off the season in fine fashion, tailed off a little in the middle but has now regained his best form at the perfect time of the season.
With three games left, Sterling knows if he puts in a few more sterling performances (sorry, couldn’t resist) the Reds will win their first league title in 24 years.
This week’s PL Player of the Week is Raheem Sterling, watch the video above to see why the talented youngster took home the gong.
- Premier League Playback: When will Arsenal, Liverpool snap out of their funk? 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 5-1 2
- Watch Live: Stoke City vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- 2014’s Top Ten moments in Premier League – Numbers 10-6 0
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 3