Apr 24, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
As your mother, grandmother and second cousin’s step-brother on your father’s side all know by now, the current favorite to take over as permanent manager of Manchester United is Louis van Gaal.
Over the coming months the football world will be, as it has been for the last few days, awash with articles describing van Gaal’s genius and, of course, his infamous temperament.
The 62-year-old Dutchman who, according to Italian striker Luca Toni, once dropped his pants in the dressing room to prove he had bigger cajones than any player, is about as crazy as they come.
Having won every major European and domestic club title during his club managerial career with Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AZ, van Gaal’s success is undeniable. But with that success comes a major ego that tends to explode from time-to-time meaning, if the Dutchman is appointed United boss, Jose Mourinho will have some competition for best post-match sound in the 2014/15 Premier League.
In the video below, van Gaal stomps out off set during a live television show in 2009 after finding out that he was not invited back for additional punditry work.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1