Apr 24, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
As your mother, grandmother and second cousin’s step-brother on your father’s side all know by now, the current favorite to take over as permanent manager of Manchester United is Louis van Gaal.
Over the coming months the football world will be, as it has been for the last few days, awash with articles describing van Gaal’s genius and, of course, his infamous temperament.
The 62-year-old Dutchman who, according to Italian striker Luca Toni, once dropped his pants in the dressing room to prove he had bigger cajones than any player, is about as crazy as they come.
Having won every major European and domestic club title during his club managerial career with Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AZ, van Gaal’s success is undeniable. But with that success comes a major ego that tends to explode from time-to-time meaning, if the Dutchman is appointed United boss, Jose Mourinho will have some competition for best post-match sound in the 2014/15 Premier League.
In the video below, van Gaal stomps out off set during a live television show in 2009 after finding out that he was not invited back for additional punditry work.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 2
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 2
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 1
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 4