Apr 24, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
As your mother, grandmother and second cousin’s step-brother on your father’s side all know by now, the current favorite to take over as permanent manager of Manchester United is Louis van Gaal.
Over the coming months the football world will be, as it has been for the last few days, awash with articles describing van Gaal’s genius and, of course, his infamous temperament.
The 62-year-old Dutchman who, according to Italian striker Luca Toni, once dropped his pants in the dressing room to prove he had bigger cajones than any player, is about as crazy as they come.
Having won every major European and domestic club title during his club managerial career with Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AZ, van Gaal’s success is undeniable. But with that success comes a major ego that tends to explode from time-to-time meaning, if the Dutchman is appointed United boss, Jose Mourinho will have some competition for best post-match sound in the 2014/15 Premier League.
In the video below, van Gaal stomps out off set during a live television show in 2009 after finding out that he was not invited back for additional punditry work.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0