Apr 24, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
So bad you have to see it. That’s the only was to describe Spain’s official World Cup anthem.
The song itself is seriously God-awful unless, of course, you’re a fan of cheesy Spanish pop that belongs in the dentist’s office. In that case Maldita Nerea’s ‘Buena Energia’ (Good Energy) is right up your alley, and I apologize for offending.
What potentially could have been the saving grace of the anthem is a music video that includes a few of the boys from La Furia Roja. But while we all love Xavi the footballer, seeing him play the drums in front of a green-screen is flat out depressing. It doesn’t get much better with Iker Casillas and Cesar Azpilicueta on the tambourines but putting Diego Costa on the bongos is just plain wrong.
The challenge here is to see how far you can make it through the 4 minute 39 second music video before you either hit pause and fast forward to the frames with the Spain players embarrassing themselves or simply claw your eyes out and scream ‘Uncle!’.
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 0
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 2
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 1
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 8