WATCH: Spain’s official World Cup anthem may be the worst music video you’ve ever seen

Apr 24, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT

Credit: Daniel Ernst Credit: Daniel Ernst

So bad you have to see it. That’s the only was to describe Spain’s official World Cup anthem.

The song itself is seriously God-awful unless, of course, you’re a fan of cheesy Spanish pop that belongs in the dentist’s office. In that case Maldita Nerea’s ‘Buena Energia’ (Good Energy) is right up your alley, and I apologize for offending.

What potentially could have been the saving grace of the anthem is a music video that includes a few of the boys from La Furia Roja. But while we all love Xavi the footballer, seeing him play the drums in front of a green-screen is flat out depressing. It doesn’t get much better with Iker Casillas and Cesar Azpilicueta on the tambourines but putting Diego Costa on the bongos is just plain wrong.

The challenge here is to see how far you can make it through the 4 minute 39 second music video before you either hit pause and fast forward to the frames with the Spain players embarrassing themselves or simply claw your eyes out and scream ‘Uncle!’.

1. sparkydelong - Apr 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I’ve heard worse. At first I thought it was a pharmaceutical advertisement.

2. slclions - Apr 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM

its bad but not that bad…seen way way worse from some spirt teams around xmas time

3. deeballer - Apr 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Where’s Shakira when you need her? At least her child is 1/2 Spaniard.

4. nappy25 - Apr 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Superbowl Shuffle 2014?

5. footballer4ever - Apr 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM

A Flamengo-like World Cup celebration would have been a better option. I did not get past 30 seconds as I had heard enough. I guess Spain must feel their end is nearby and just are portraying their confidence thru this depressing song.