Apr 25, 2014, 7:25 AM EST
Manchester United are continuing to rebuild their coaching staff after David Moyes‘ departure and their coaching staff now has an extremely familiar look.
40-year-old Ryan Giggs has taken over on an interim basis and now United have announced that his fellow teammates who came through the academy with him, who are also club legends, are by his side.
All the club need to do is get Gary Neville and David Beckham involved and they have the entire Class of ’92 reunited.
Speaking about the quartet being handed charge for the final four games of the season, former United midfielder Butt is optimistic about the future.
“It will be massive for us, a proud moment for us all,” Butt said. “To be there together is a bit of a surreal thing. We walked in here together when we were 12 and to be here now – I’m not 40 yet but Giggsy is, and myself and Scholes are nearly there too. So for us and Phil to be there together is a very proud moment. We’re here to try to help the club and get the results that we want from now until the end of the season. What happens after that, who knows?”
Below is the first photo of United’s coaching ‘dream team’ who will take charge of their first game together against Norwich City live on NBC at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday. Many see these former United legends as merely stepping in to plug a gap in their beloved clubs time of need.
Yet if they do well, who says the Class of ’92 can’t manage United for the foreseeable future?
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 4
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0