Apr 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
One year on, Atticus Lane-Dupre is healthy, still loves to play soccer and is a huge fan of the Portland Timbers.
Last year Atticus’s story touched the entire soccer community in North America, as he was diagnosed with kidney cancer at the age of eight.
As part of the Make-a-Wish Program, Atticus asked if his teammates could play the Timbers and the Major League Soccer side duly obliged. Playing in front of over 3,000 fans at Providence Park, Atticus’s story touched many across the U.S. as the youngster scored the winning goal against his heroes in front of the Timbers Army.
In the latest edition of MLS Insider, the wonderful production team travel to Portland to revisit Atticus’s story one year on. Fantastic stuff.
For a full archive of all of the MLS Insider videos, look no further than right here.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0