Apr 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
One year on, Atticus Lane-Dupre is healthy, still loves to play soccer and is a huge fan of the Portland Timbers.
Last year Atticus’s story touched the entire soccer community in North America, as he was diagnosed with kidney cancer at the age of eight.
As part of the Make-a-Wish Program, Atticus asked if his teammates could play the Timbers and the Major League Soccer side duly obliged. Playing in front of over 3,000 fans at Providence Park, Atticus’s story touched many across the U.S. as the youngster scored the winning goal against his heroes in front of the Timbers Army.
In the latest edition of MLS Insider, the wonderful production team travel to Portland to revisit Atticus’s story one year on. Fantastic stuff.
For a full archive of all of the MLS Insider videos, look no further than right here.
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 1
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 4
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9
- Mexico 3-1 Jamaica: El Tri overpowers Cinderella story to win Gold Cup 30
- Frank Lampard ruled out of MLS All-Star game 2