Apr 25, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
One year on, Atticus Lane-Dupre is healthy, still loves to play soccer and is a huge fan of the Portland Timbers.
Last year Atticus’s story touched the entire soccer community in North America, as he was diagnosed with kidney cancer at the age of eight.
As part of the Make-a-Wish Program, Atticus asked if his teammates could play the Timbers and the Major League Soccer side duly obliged. Playing in front of over 3,000 fans at Providence Park, Atticus’s story touched many across the U.S. as the youngster scored the winning goal against his heroes in front of the Timbers Army.
In the latest edition of MLS Insider, the wonderful production team travel to Portland to revisit Atticus’s story one year on. Fantastic stuff.
For a full archive of all of the MLS Insider videos, look no further than right here.
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 0
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 3
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 2
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 3