Apr 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
You remember Wayne Rooney’s stunning long-range volley earlier in the season? Yeah, this might be better.
In the first half of Swansea’s game against Aston Villa, England international Jonjo Shelvey picked the ball up just inside Villa’s half up after a poor clearance from Ron Vlaar. Then Shelvey sent a looping volley over the head of U.S. international Brad Guzan and into the goal, for one of the goals of the season.
Shelvey, 22, has had a great season for the Swans and has scored six times this campaign.
None will be better than the goal you can watch above. Incredible stuff from Shelvey.
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 18
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 1
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 24
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0