Apr 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
You remember Wayne Rooney’s stunning long-range volley earlier in the season? Yeah, this might be better.
In the first half of Swansea’s game against Aston Villa, England international Jonjo Shelvey picked the ball up just inside Villa’s half up after a poor clearance from Ron Vlaar. Then Shelvey sent a looping volley over the head of U.S. international Brad Guzan and into the goal, for one of the goals of the season.
Shelvey, 22, has had a great season for the Swans and has scored six times this campaign.
None will be better than the goal you can watch above. Incredible stuff from Shelvey.
- Premier League Playback: Should Liverpool fire Brendan Rodgers? 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Southampton: Nathaniel Clyne secures point for Saints 0
- Tesho Akindele brings FC Dallas its first MLS Rookie of the Year award 0
- Americans Abroad review: Boyd bags brace, Johannsson heads home (video) 2
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Southampton 0
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 1