Apr 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
You remember Wayne Rooney’s stunning long-range volley earlier in the season? Yeah, this might be better.
In the first half of Swansea’s game against Aston Villa, England international Jonjo Shelvey picked the ball up just inside Villa’s half up after a poor clearance from Ron Vlaar. Then Shelvey sent a looping volley over the head of U.S. international Brad Guzan and into the goal, for one of the goals of the season.
Shelvey, 22, has had a great season for the Swans and has scored six times this campaign.
None will be better than the goal you can watch above. Incredible stuff from Shelvey.
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0