Apr 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
You remember Wayne Rooney’s stunning long-range volley earlier in the season? Yeah, this might be better.
In the first half of Swansea’s game against Aston Villa, England international Jonjo Shelvey picked the ball up just inside Villa’s half up after a poor clearance from Ron Vlaar. Then Shelvey sent a looping volley over the head of U.S. international Brad Guzan and into the goal, for one of the goals of the season.
Shelvey, 22, has had a great season for the Swans and has scored six times this campaign.
None will be better than the goal you can watch above. Incredible stuff from Shelvey.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0