Apr 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
You remember Wayne Rooney’s stunning long-range volley earlier in the season? Yeah, this might be better.
In the first half of Swansea’s game against Aston Villa, England international Jonjo Shelvey picked the ball up just inside Villa’s half up after a poor clearance from Ron Vlaar. Then Shelvey sent a looping volley over the head of U.S. international Brad Guzan and into the goal, for one of the goals of the season.
Shelvey, 22, has had a great season for the Swans and has scored six times this campaign.
None will be better than the goal you can watch above. Incredible stuff from Shelvey.
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Blues prevail in sensational match at Goodison 0
- LIVE – Two goals in first three minutes puts Chelsea 2-0 up vs. Everton 0
- Manchester City 0-1 Stoke City: Diouf’s dribble springs upset 1
- Newcastle United 3-3 Crystal Palace: Zaha hands Warnock dream comeback 0
- VIDEO: Swansea City’s Wayne Routledge scores sensational volley 0
- Burnley 0-0 Manchester United: Sloppy Utd overshadows Di Maria debut 5