Apr 27, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Liverpool’s stumble opened the door for Manchester City, and they’ve wasted no time making their way through the fissure.
Not only are they in control of the match, but they currently have the slight advantage in the title race if they can hold onto the lead.
With the same maximum possible points as Liverpool, Manchester City’s better goal differential means if both teams win out City would likely win the title.
City have clearly been boosted by the news from Anfield. They came out of the tunnel with a spring in their step afterword came through of the other result, and have come out firing early at Selhurst Park.
They haven’t shown any signs of taking their foot off the gas either, and haven’t been put off by Palace’s five-match winning streak.
Crystal Palace have never won six top-flight matches in a row in club history.
- Watch Live: Everton vs. Burnley (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 33 0
- Brek Shea’s USMNT return includes a personal, artistic touch 3
- Wayne Rooney may play in midfield: How will Chelsea, Manchester United line up? 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 33 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Red-hot teams will keep rolling 3