Apr 27, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Liverpool’s stumble opened the door for Manchester City, and they’ve wasted no time making their way through the fissure.
Not only are they in control of the match, but they currently have the slight advantage in the title race if they can hold onto the lead.
With the same maximum possible points as Liverpool, Manchester City’s better goal differential means if both teams win out City would likely win the title.
City have clearly been boosted by the news from Anfield. They came out of the tunnel with a spring in their step afterword came through of the other result, and have come out firing early at Selhurst Park.
They haven’t shown any signs of taking their foot off the gas either, and haven’t been put off by Palace’s five-match winning streak.
Crystal Palace have never won six top-flight matches in a row in club history.
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire at San Jose Earthquakes (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 1
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 9