Apr 27, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Crystal Palace could have a big hand in the title chase as the revived club host Manchester City at Selhurst Park at 11:10 on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
In the absence of Jesus Navas and David Silva due to injury, Pellegrini has gone much more direct, with Javi Garcia and Yaya Toure anchoring a midfield that will likely play through the middle up to the strike pair at the top.
Toure is a big start, as the Ivorian was a question mark heading into the fixture. He returns after a week out.
Meanwhile, Palace has Marouane Chamakh back in action up front after missing last week against West Ham through injury. The Moroccan international starts next to Cameron Jerome, with Kagisho Dikgacoi also back from injury on the bench.
Palace will be hoping for shades of Chelsea when they all but derailed the Blues’ title chances, and they look to do the same to City.
Crystal Palace have won five straight matches in the Premier League, something they haven’t done in 22 years.
Crystal Palace – Speroni; Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward; Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon; Chamakh, Jerome.
Bench – Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, Dikgacoi, Ince, Gayle, Murray.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov; Milner, Garcia, Toure, Nasri; Dzeko, Aguero.
Bench – Pantilimon, Lescott, Richards, Clichy, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Negredo.
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 3
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 5
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 3
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 16
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 6
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 3