Apr 27, 2014, 10:57 AM EST
Crystal Palace could have a big hand in the title chase as the revived club host Manchester City at Selhurst Park at 11:10 on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
In the absence of Jesus Navas and David Silva due to injury, Pellegrini has gone much more direct, with Javi Garcia and Yaya Toure anchoring a midfield that will likely play through the middle up to the strike pair at the top.
Toure is a big start, as the Ivorian was a question mark heading into the fixture. He returns after a week out.
Meanwhile, Palace has Marouane Chamakh back in action up front after missing last week against West Ham through injury. The Moroccan international starts next to Cameron Jerome, with Kagisho Dikgacoi also back from injury on the bench.
Palace will be hoping for shades of Chelsea when they all but derailed the Blues’ title chances, and they look to do the same to City.
Crystal Palace have won five straight matches in the Premier League, something they haven’t done in 22 years.
Crystal Palace – Speroni; Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward; Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon; Chamakh, Jerome.
Bench – Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, Dikgacoi, Ince, Gayle, Murray.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov; Milner, Garcia, Toure, Nasri; Dzeko, Aguero.
Bench – Pantilimon, Lescott, Richards, Clichy, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Negredo.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 1
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 1
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0