Apr 27, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Crystal Palace could have a big hand in the title chase as the revived club host Manchester City at Selhurst Park at 11:10 on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
In the absence of Jesus Navas and David Silva due to injury, Pellegrini has gone much more direct, with Javi Garcia and Yaya Toure anchoring a midfield that will likely play through the middle up to the strike pair at the top.
Toure is a big start, as the Ivorian was a question mark heading into the fixture. He returns after a week out.
Meanwhile, Palace has Marouane Chamakh back in action up front after missing last week against West Ham through injury. The Moroccan international starts next to Cameron Jerome, with Kagisho Dikgacoi also back from injury on the bench.
Palace will be hoping for shades of Chelsea when they all but derailed the Blues’ title chances, and they look to do the same to City.
Crystal Palace have won five straight matches in the Premier League, something they haven’t done in 22 years.
Crystal Palace – Speroni; Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward; Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon; Chamakh, Jerome.
Bench – Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, Dikgacoi, Ince, Gayle, Murray.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov; Milner, Garcia, Toure, Nasri; Dzeko, Aguero.
Bench – Pantilimon, Lescott, Richards, Clichy, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Negredo.
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 0
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0
- Sporting CP 0-1 Chelsea: Blues win chippy UCL affair in Lisbon 0
- Follow live – UEFA Champions League: Manchester City vs. AS Roma 0