Apr 27, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Crystal Palace could have a big hand in the title chase as the revived club host Manchester City at Selhurst Park at 11:10 on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
In the absence of Jesus Navas and David Silva due to injury, Pellegrini has gone much more direct, with Javi Garcia and Yaya Toure anchoring a midfield that will likely play through the middle up to the strike pair at the top.
Toure is a big start, as the Ivorian was a question mark heading into the fixture. He returns after a week out.
Meanwhile, Palace has Marouane Chamakh back in action up front after missing last week against West Ham through injury. The Moroccan international starts next to Cameron Jerome, with Kagisho Dikgacoi also back from injury on the bench.
Palace will be hoping for shades of Chelsea when they all but derailed the Blues’ title chances, and they look to do the same to City.
Crystal Palace have won five straight matches in the Premier League, something they haven’t done in 22 years.
Crystal Palace – Speroni; Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward; Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon; Chamakh, Jerome.
Bench – Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, Dikgacoi, Ince, Gayle, Murray.
Manchester City – Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov; Milner, Garcia, Toure, Nasri; Dzeko, Aguero.
Bench – Pantilimon, Lescott, Richards, Clichy, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Negredo.
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 3
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 1
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 4
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9