Apr 28, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
But if he keeps putting up performances like he did Monday against Chelsea in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup final, we’re going to be typing his name a whole lot more.
Praised by Fulham’s web site as a “chief midfield orchestrator,” Hyndman did just that on Monday. He set up a goal and scored another as the Cottagers surged ahead of the Blues with a 3-2 win at Craven Cottage.
Here’s what FulhamFC.com had to say about the son of former FC Dallas manager Schellas Hyndman:
Persistence by O’Halloran saw him win a corner off Ssewankambo and Hyndman’s set-piece was met by Dembélé who powered a header past Collins from six yards.
Chelsea almost went immediately back in front but Rodàk saved from Dasilva and Fulham went straight down the other and scored. Hyndman picked up the ball in the middle of the park and with no tackle forthcoming moved forward and let fly. His effort took a deflection off Christensen to totally wrong-foot Collins and go in off the post.
It was 3-1 to Fulham in the 78th minute.
And if you think the glowing praise is simply home-cooking from the Fulham site, here’s what Chelsea had to say about Hyndman’s goal:
A promising individual run from Emerson Hyndman fashioned a sight at goal and the midfielder’s left-footed drive beat Collins via the inside of the near post and thanks to a fortuitous deflection off the back of the blocking Christensen.
English writers: they do well with the English language.
The second leg comes May 5 at Stamford Bridge.
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 0
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 1
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter is “ready to change.” Do we believe this? 4
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 11
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 14