Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Note: flares and pepper spray don’t mix.
That fact was made crystal clear this weekend in Poland during Slask Wroclaw’s 1-0 victory over fellow top-tier side Zaglebie Lubin when a Lubin fan, armed with a flare, was sprayed by police to prevent him from climbing over a security gate at Wroclaw’s Municipal Stadium.
According to Polish football reporter Christopher Lash, the fan fortunately managed to escape with minimal injuries.
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0
- Report: Chelsea join Manchester United in chase for Nathaniel Clyne 3
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 1
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 8