Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Note: flares and pepper spray don’t mix.
That fact was made crystal clear this weekend in Poland during Slask Wroclaw’s 1-0 victory over fellow top-tier side Zaglebie Lubin when a Lubin fan, armed with a flare, was sprayed by police to prevent him from climbing over a security gate at Wroclaw’s Municipal Stadium.
According to Polish football reporter Christopher Lash, the fan fortunately managed to escape with minimal injuries.
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3
- England’s case of World Cup fever just what the doctor ordered for women’s soccer in Britain 3