Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Note: flares and pepper spray don’t mix.
That fact was made crystal clear this weekend in Poland during Slask Wroclaw’s 1-0 victory over fellow top-tier side Zaglebie Lubin when a Lubin fan, armed with a flare, was sprayed by police to prevent him from climbing over a security gate at Wroclaw’s Municipal Stadium.
According to Polish football reporter Christopher Lash, the fan fortunately managed to escape with minimal injuries.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 2