Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Note: flares and pepper spray don’t mix.
That fact was made crystal clear this weekend in Poland during Slask Wroclaw’s 1-0 victory over fellow top-tier side Zaglebie Lubin when a Lubin fan, armed with a flare, was sprayed by police to prevent him from climbing over a security gate at Wroclaw’s Municipal Stadium.
According to Polish football reporter Christopher Lash, the fan fortunately managed to escape with minimal injuries.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6