Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Note: flares and pepper spray don’t mix.
That fact was made crystal clear this weekend in Poland during Slask Wroclaw’s 1-0 victory over fellow top-tier side Zaglebie Lubin when a Lubin fan, armed with a flare, was sprayed by police to prevent him from climbing over a security gate at Wroclaw’s Municipal Stadium.
According to Polish football reporter Christopher Lash, the fan fortunately managed to escape with minimal injuries.
- Monday’s transfer rumor roundup: Coleman, Vidic to Man Utd, Carvalho to Arsenal 0
- Premier League Playback: Clever Mourinho creates siege mentality at Chelsea 0
- Americans Abroad review: Evaluating the Yanks in England 0
- VIDEO: Story so far… reviewing 2014-15 Premier League season at halfway point 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City stumble as Arsenal makes up ground 1
- Newcastle United 3-2 Everton: Thriller at St. James Park sees Magpies hold on 2