Apr 29, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Tim Sherwood’s not gonna like this one bit. For the second time in just a few hours, there’s more speculation regarding who’s going to take his job. No, not who could get the Tottenham Hotspur managerial job if Sherwood gets canned, but who’s going to get the gig when he gets fired.
This morning, it was Mauricio Pochettino pegged for successorship despite Sherwood’s decent record. And now Goal.com is bringing the story of Ajax coach Frank De Boer’s admission that Spurs have been in touch. And Ajax has admitted that they’ve been contacted by Spurs, too.
“Tottenham have made an approach,” De Boer told Dutch broadcaster NOS. “After the last league game I’ll think about it. I’ll talk to them and listen what they have to say.
“I would like to add something to a club like Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool. I see an opportunities at Tottenham. Just as Liverpool and Newcastle, they are sleeping giants.”
The 43-year-old boasts a better-than 60 percent win percentage as Ajax boss, including four-straight Eredivisie titles. He was also the assistant coach for the Netherlands when the nation finished as runners-up for the 2010 World Cup. He’s a big name, and would be a big get.
But Sherwood’s not gonna be happy about it.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 1
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 2
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3