Apr 29, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
If a team of ninjas, outlaws and kidnappers arrive for Cristiano Ronaldo in Brazil, they better have expertise and numbers.
The World Cup is a gift that keeps on giving, as attested to by this list of team and player requests for the 2014 edition in Brazil (from Brazilian news outlet Lance).
Without further ado:
- Japan wants a jacuzzi in every single room.
- Portugal wants six bodyguards, four specifically for Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Ecuador wants a basket of bananas in each room each day.
- Honduras is going to have faster WiFi than the norm.
- Uruguay wants “silent air conditioners” in every room (I prefer noisy).
- France thinks bar soap is for the birds and wants liquid soap in every player’s room.
- Colombia wants a team of Sao Paolo youth players for its training sessions.
From The Daily Mail:
Other requests include the respective nation’s TV channels in each room, high-speed internet and newspapers from around the globe delivered to the door. All rooms for players and team officials need to have a Koran.
England’s requests have not been revealed as yet, but we suspect Roy Hodgson will be asking for some tranquil relaxation music for when those penalty shoot-outs come about…
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0