Apr 29, 2014, 8:25 AM EST
If a team of ninjas, outlaws and kidnappers arrive for Cristiano Ronaldo in Brazil, they better have expertise and numbers.
The World Cup is a gift that keeps on giving, as attested to by this list of team and player requests for the 2014 edition in Brazil (from Brazilian news outlet Lance).
Without further ado:
– Japan wants a jacuzzi in every single room.
– Portugal wants six bodyguards, four specifically for Cristiano Ronaldo.
– Ecuador wants a basket of bananas in each room each day.
– Honduras is going to have faster WiFi than the norm.
– Uruguay wants “silent air conditioners” in every room (I prefer noisy).
– France thinks bar soap is for the birds and wants liquid soap in every player’s room.
– Colombia wants a team of Sao Paolo youth players for its training sessions.
From The Daily Mail:
Other requests include the respective nation’s TV channels in each room, high-speed internet and newspapers from around the globe delivered to the door. All rooms for players and team officials need to have a Koran.
England’s requests have not been revealed as yet, but we suspect Roy Hodgson will be asking for some tranquil relaxation music for when those penalty shoot-outs come about…
- Tuesday Premier League Preview: New managers square off in Midlands derby 0
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4