Apr 29, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
If a team of ninjas, outlaws and kidnappers arrive for Cristiano Ronaldo in Brazil, they better have expertise and numbers.
The World Cup is a gift that keeps on giving, as attested to by this list of team and player requests for the 2014 edition in Brazil (from Brazilian news outlet Lance).
Without further ado:
- Japan wants a jacuzzi in every single room.
- Portugal wants six bodyguards, four specifically for Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Ecuador wants a basket of bananas in each room each day.
- Honduras is going to have faster WiFi than the norm.
- Uruguay wants “silent air conditioners” in every room (I prefer noisy).
- France thinks bar soap is for the birds and wants liquid soap in every player’s room.
- Colombia wants a team of Sao Paolo youth players for its training sessions.
From The Daily Mail:
Other requests include the respective nation’s TV channels in each room, high-speed internet and newspapers from around the globe delivered to the door. All rooms for players and team officials need to have a Koran.
England’s requests have not been revealed as yet, but we suspect Roy Hodgson will be asking for some tranquil relaxation music for when those penalty shoot-outs come about…
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1