Apr 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
After a weekend of utter madness at both ends of the Premier League table, 11 players rose to the top as the crème de la crème.
Chelsea stunned Liverpool with Branislav Ivanovic anchoring a masterful defensive display, while Manchester City dispatched Crystal Palace after a wonderful first half performance from Yaya Toure on his return. The top of the PL standings now has a distinctly different look to it.
Elsewhere Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata both scored twice to lift Ryan Giggs‘ Manchester United over Norwich and Swansea duo Wilfried Bony and Jonjo Shelvey impressed with their goals during the Swans’ win over Aston Villa.
That being said, there was a good spread of players from eight different PL clubs represented in the team of week for Week 36.
Watch the video above to see who made it.
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 3
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0