Apr 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
After a weekend of utter madness at both ends of the Premier League table, 11 players rose to the top as the crème de la crème.
Chelsea stunned Liverpool with Branislav Ivanovic anchoring a masterful defensive display, while Manchester City dispatched Crystal Palace after a wonderful first half performance from Yaya Toure on his return. The top of the PL standings now has a distinctly different look to it.
Elsewhere Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata both scored twice to lift Ryan Giggs‘ Manchester United over Norwich and Swansea duo Wilfried Bony and Jonjo Shelvey impressed with their goals during the Swans’ win over Aston Villa.
That being said, there was a good spread of players from eight different PL clubs represented in the team of week for Week 36.
Watch the video above to see who made it.
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 1
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 3
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 6
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 6