Apr 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
After a weekend of utter madness at both ends of the Premier League table, 11 players rose to the top as the crème de la crème.
Chelsea stunned Liverpool with Branislav Ivanovic anchoring a masterful defensive display, while Manchester City dispatched Crystal Palace after a wonderful first half performance from Yaya Toure on his return. The top of the PL standings now has a distinctly different look to it.
Elsewhere Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata both scored twice to lift Ryan Giggs‘ Manchester United over Norwich and Swansea duo Wilfried Bony and Jonjo Shelvey impressed with their goals during the Swans’ win over Aston Villa.
That being said, there was a good spread of players from eight different PL clubs represented in the team of week for Week 36.
Watch the video above to see who made it.
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Talking FA Cup upsets with guests Spencer Lanning, Josh Scobee 0
- Gareth Bale dismisses Manchester United speculation, happy at Real Madrid 6
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 4
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0