Apr 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
After a weekend of utter madness at both ends of the Premier League table, 11 players rose to the top as the crème de la crème.
Chelsea stunned Liverpool with Branislav Ivanovic anchoring a masterful defensive display, while Manchester City dispatched Crystal Palace after a wonderful first half performance from Yaya Toure on his return. The top of the PL standings now has a distinctly different look to it.
Elsewhere Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata both scored twice to lift Ryan Giggs‘ Manchester United over Norwich and Swansea duo Wilfried Bony and Jonjo Shelvey impressed with their goals during the Swans’ win over Aston Villa.
That being said, there was a good spread of players from eight different PL clubs represented in the team of week for Week 36.
Watch the video above to see who made it.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0
- League Cup roundup: Sheffield United shocks Saints, Chelsea also moves to semifinals 0