Apr 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
After a weekend of utter madness at both ends of the Premier League table, 11 players rose to the top as the crème de la crème.
Chelsea stunned Liverpool with Branislav Ivanovic anchoring a masterful defensive display, while Manchester City dispatched Crystal Palace after a wonderful first half performance from Yaya Toure on his return. The top of the PL standings now has a distinctly different look to it.
Elsewhere Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata both scored twice to lift Ryan Giggs‘ Manchester United over Norwich and Swansea duo Wilfried Bony and Jonjo Shelvey impressed with their goals during the Swans’ win over Aston Villa.
That being said, there was a good spread of players from eight different PL clubs represented in the team of week for Week 36.
Watch the video above to see who made it.
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1