May 1, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
If David Beckham and marijuana had a kid, it would be a Buzzfeed list. It would be the most up-worthy of Upworthy posts. TMZ would pay a candy striper millions to get a photo of its ash-ridden diapers.
Perhaps that’s why so many were excited when Seth Rogan, movie star and noted marijuana enthusiast, linked his favorite pastime to one of the world’s most famous soccer icons.
From our partners at Soccerly:
Canadian stoner cult movie star Seth Rogen, doesn’t know much about football (or any sport for that matter), fulfilling his stereotype as a goofy and charming weed enthusiast. On Thursday, The Pineapple Express protagonist, did however express to E!, his desire to share a marijuana joint with ex-football player and popular culture icon, David Beckham.
“I follow the outcome of no sporting events on the planet. I wouldn’t even care if there was a Canadian soccer team, honestly. I would like to smoke a joint with David Beckham, though. That would be cool.”
Would it though? Far be it from me to question Rogen’s mastery of the herbological arts, but Beckham isn’t a natural talker. He’s not a deep thinker. He’s not philosophical, and he probably doesn’t have enough tolerance to handle Rogen’s weed very well.
Beckham would take two drags off one of Rogan’s hydroponic THC missiles, freak out, then sink into the couch. Best case scenario: Rogen gets to see Beckham eat some junk food he wouldn’t otherwise touch – food that would make him freak out even more.
It’s cool that Rogen mentioned Beckham, but given the frequency with which the man brings up weed, he’d probably want to smoke with any soccer star. He’d probably be willing to smoke out anybody, period. But if he’s wants to get a star high and discover the intrigue of international soccer, might I suggest Zlatan Ibrahimovic?
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6