May 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PST Extra we dissect how Liverpool lost to Chelsea in a pivotal Premier League encounter last Sunday, as Brendan Rodgers‘ naive tactics have handed Manchester City the initiative in the title race.
City now know if they win their last three games and keep up their goal differential ahead of Liverpool, then they will win the title on goal difference. The Reds’ destiny is no longer in their own hands.
As for the Citizens, they now face a tricky trip away to Everton on Saturday (Live on CNBC, 12:30 p.m. ET) in their toughest test remaining this season. Will Manuel Pellegrini’s men come unstuck against the Toffees? Myself and Mike Prindiville discuss that and more.
If you can’t get enough of PST Extra, here is the full archive from JPW and Prindi.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 5
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 11
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 9