May 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PST Extra we dissect how Liverpool lost to Chelsea in a pivotal Premier League encounter last Sunday, as Brendan Rodgers‘ naive tactics have handed Manchester City the initiative in the title race.
City now know if they win their last three games and keep up their goal differential ahead of Liverpool, then they will win the title on goal difference. The Reds’ destiny is no longer in their own hands.
As for the Citizens, they now face a tricky trip away to Everton on Saturday (Live on CNBC, 12:30 p.m. ET) in their toughest test remaining this season. Will Manuel Pellegrini’s men come unstuck against the Toffees? Myself and Mike Prindiville discuss that and more.
If you can’t get enough of PST Extra, here is the full archive from JPW and Prindi.
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3