May 1, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
In the latest edition of PST Extra we dissect how Liverpool lost to Chelsea in a pivotal Premier League encounter last Sunday, as Brendan Rodgers‘ naive tactics have handed Manchester City the initiative in the title race.
City now know if they win their last three games and keep up their goal differential ahead of Liverpool, then they will win the title on goal difference. The Reds’ destiny is no longer in their own hands.
As for the Citizens, they now face a tricky trip away to Everton on Saturday (Live on CNBC, 12:30 p.m. ET) in their toughest test remaining this season. Will Manuel Pellegrini’s men come unstuck against the Toffees? Myself and Mike Prindiville discuss that and more.
If you can’t get enough of PST Extra, here is the full archive from JPW and Prindi.
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 0
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 3
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 2
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 3
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4