May 3, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Two teams have been relegated from the Premier League on the penultimate weekend of the season as heavy defeats for Fulham and Cardiff City, coupled with Sunderland’s win away at Manchester United, means Fulham and Cardiff will play in the second-tier next season.
Relegation for the Cottagers sees the West London side slip out of the top-flight for the first time in 13 years, while Cardiff return to the Championship at the first time of asking after a tumultuous season in the Welsh capital.
The Cottagers have recorded just nine wins all season as they sit four points from safety with just one game to go.
As for Cardiff, they have won only seven matches and are rock bottom of the standings after a season of struggle under eccentric owner Vincent Tan.
With one game to go Sunderland, West Brom and Norwich will likely battle it out to avoid going down, as the final relegation spot is all that remains.
- Leicester City 2-0 Swansea City: Pearson’s Foxes dominant in massive win 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- LIVE – Premier League, at the half: All four games 1-0; Foxes lead, Burnley sees red 0
- Watch Live: Everton vs. Burnley (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 33 0
- Brek Shea’s USMNT return includes a personal, artistic touch 3