May 3, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
Knowing a victory would help out their Mersyeside rivals Liverpool in the title race, as along as keeping their own top four hopes alive, Everton took an early lead at home against title-chasing Manchester City through Ross Barkley‘s wonder-strike.
It was a stunning moment of individual brilliance from Barkley to open the scoring, as the England international threw a huge spanner in the works of City’s title charge.
After just 10 minutes Everton were ahead through Barkley’s moment of individual brilliance. The youngster latched onto a layoff from Naismith and curled a stunning strike into the far corner as Joe Hart‘s despairing dive got nowhere near Barkley’s effort.
Watch the video above to see Barkley work his magic, as England manager Roy Hodgson will certainly be watching on intently ahead of naming his squad for the World Cup this summer on May 12.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1