May 3, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
On Saturday Manchester City travel to Everton (Watch live on CNBC, 10 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra) as the Citizens look to take a firm grasp on the Premier League title with three games to go.
Everton know they must win to keep their top four hopes alive, so this will not be an easy test for Manuel Pellegrini’s side. City haven’t won in their last 15 trips to Goodison Park in the league and the Toffees have so often been their bogey team. Remarkably, due to playing catch up with games played, City have only led the league for eight games this season.
Can Everton do their Merseyside neighbors Liverpool a huge favor by taking points off of City and handing the title initiative to the Reds? City’s superstar squad are certainly aware that they have a glorious chance to win the crown, as for so long it seemed as though they were destine to finish second.
Everton: Howard, Baines, Stones, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Coleman, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Naismith, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Distin, Garbutt, Ledson
Manchester City:Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Garcia, Toure, Milner, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Kolarov, Silva, Fernandinho, Negredo, Jovetic
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0