May 3, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Swansea welcome Southampton to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday (Watch live online, 10 a.m. ET online via Live Extra) as the Swans are in search of a third-straight win, while Saints need one point to accumulate their highest-ever points tally in the Premier League.
Under Garry Monk the Swans have looked much more like themselves in recent weeks and they are now clear of relegation (last weeks win over Aston Villa sealed that) despite flirting with the bottom three since Michael Laudrup was fired.
Saints have eighth spot sealed, with Mauricio Pochettino guiding his impressive young side to a fabulous season in just their second campaign back in the top-flight. Can they keep hold of Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw and others this summer? If they do, there’s a bright future in store on the South Coast and they should be full of confidence after beating Everton last weekend.
In team news Swansea are unchanged from the team that beat Villa, while Southampton make one change as Morgan Schneiderlin comes in for Rickie Lambwert who has a slight knock.
Swansea City: Vorm, Tiendalli, Amat, Williams, Davies, Britton, Shelvey, de Guzman, Hernandez, Routledge, Bony. Subs: Tremmel, Taylor, Bartley, Fulton, Dyer, Emnes, Vazquez.
Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Cork, Schneiderlin, Davis, Lallana, Gallagher. Subs: Gazzaniga, Lambert, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Chambers, Hooiveld, Reed.
- Transfer needs – Manchester United, Newcastle, QPR, Southampton, Stoke 0
- Preview: Possible “Groups of Death” galore in UEFA Champions League draw 1
- Wayne Rooney named new England captain as youthful squad selected 1
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 0
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0