May 4, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
You can just see Claudio Pizarro’s thoughts as the rebound rises into the air and then begins to drop. With his back to goal and not a single Hamburg defender interested in bodying up on the 35-year-old Bayern Munich striker, they go something like this.
“Well, if you guys are just gonna watch, I might as well bike it.”
So he did.
Defending like this is why Hamburg is on the brink of relegation.
- Report: USA to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Everton set to complete $50 million deal for Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku 4
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1