May 4, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
You can just see Claudio Pizarro’s thoughts as the rebound rises into the air and then begins to drop. With his back to goal and not a single Hamburg defender interested in bodying up on the 35-year-old Bayern Munich striker, they go something like this.
“Well, if you guys are just gonna watch, I might as well bike it.”
So he did.
Defending like this is why Hamburg is on the brink of relegation.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 3
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 10
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 7
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0