May 4, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Was he offside? Maybe, but that’s difficult to tell from this angle and sure doesn’t change the fact that Juan Agudelo was Man of the Match with a goal and an assist in FC Utrecht’s 2-1 win over Vitesse on Saturday.
The first goal put Utrecht up 1-0 as Agudelo’s bad touch ends up qualifying as an assist. After a dazzling move gets the ball on Agudelo’s path, he nudges the ball to the side and Steve de Ridder is right there to burying the opener.
But the match-winner was a nice one. Agudelo has to time his run very well to get in the path of a well-played ball and deftly touches the ball past Vitesse Arnhem keeper Piet Velthuizen. Check it out below:
FC Utrecht 2-1 Vitesse All Goals 03/05/15 by All_Goals
Agudelo now has two goals in his past three matches, with three total to go with three assists in his 14 appearances since going on loan to Utrecht after failing to obtain a work permit for new club Stoke City. With both Agudelo and Terrence Boyd (scored again Sunday) in good European form, could one leapfrog Eddie Johnson for a World Cup spot?
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 3
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 1
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 4
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 9