May 4, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Was he offside? Maybe, but that’s difficult to tell from this angle and sure doesn’t change the fact that Juan Agudelo was Man of the Match with a goal and an assist in FC Utrecht’s 2-1 win over Vitesse on Saturday.
The first goal put Utrecht up 1-0 as Agudelo’s bad touch ends up qualifying as an assist. After a dazzling move gets the ball on Agudelo’s path, he nudges the ball to the side and Steve de Ridder is right there to burying the opener.
But the match-winner was a nice one. Agudelo has to time his run very well to get in the path of a well-played ball and deftly touches the ball past Vitesse Arnhem keeper Piet Velthuizen. Check it out below:
FC Utrecht 2-1 Vitesse All Goals 03/05/15 by All_Goals
Agudelo now has two goals in his past three matches, with three total to go with three assists in his 14 appearances since going on loan to Utrecht after failing to obtain a work permit for new club Stoke City. With both Agudelo and Terrence Boyd (scored again Sunday) in good European form, could one leapfrog Eddie Johnson for a World Cup spot?
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3