May 4, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Was he offside? Maybe, but that’s difficult to tell from this angle and sure doesn’t change the fact that Juan Agudelo was Man of the Match with a goal and an assist in FC Utrecht’s 2-1 win over Vitesse on Saturday.
The first goal put Utrecht up 1-0 as Agudelo’s bad touch ends up qualifying as an assist. After a dazzling move gets the ball on Agudelo’s path, he nudges the ball to the side and Steve de Ridder is right there to burying the opener.
But the match-winner was a nice one. Agudelo has to time his run very well to get in the path of a well-played ball and deftly touches the ball past Vitesse Arnhem keeper Piet Velthuizen. Check it out below:
FC Utrecht 2-1 Vitesse All Goals 03/05/15 by All_Goals
Agudelo now has two goals in his past three matches, with three total to go with three assists in his 14 appearances since going on loan to Utrecht after failing to obtain a work permit for new club Stoke City. With both Agudelo and Terrence Boyd (scored again Sunday) in good European form, could one leapfrog Eddie Johnson for a World Cup spot?
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 8
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 3