May 4, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
On a historic day that sees Sporting KC pick up their championship rings, Columbus will look to restore its claim to a series which had been relatively even before KC won all three matches between the sides last season (WATCH Live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra at 4pm ET).
Columbus enters the game as one of only five MLS teams with a positive goal differential, six better than Sporting KC’s minus-2. Both teams have played 7 games, and the Crew are a surprising one point better. Gregg Berhalter’s bunch can make a strong statement by winning at Sporting Park this afternoon.
And ever the sportsman, Aurelien Collin is making sure his voice is heard despite his unavailability thanks to a red card suspension.
— Aurelien COLLIN (@ampC2) May 4, 2014
Sporting KC: Kronberg; Myers, Olum, Besler (C), Sinovic; Rosell, Nagamura, Feilhaber; Peterson, Dwyer, Zusi
Subs: Gruenebaum, Dovale, Bieler, Saad, Juliao, Medranda, Martinez
Columbus: Clark; Williams, Gonzalez, Parkhurst, Francis; Jimenez, Trapp, Tchani, Anor; Higuaín, Arrieta.
Subs: Lampson, Gehrig, Wahl, Paladini, Finlay, Meram, Oduro
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 1
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 1
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1