May 4, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
On a historic day that sees Sporting KC pick up their championship rings, Columbus will look to restore its claim to a series which had been relatively even before KC won all three matches between the sides last season (WATCH Live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra at 4pm ET).
Columbus enters the game as one of only five MLS teams with a positive goal differential, six better than Sporting KC’s minus-2. Both teams have played 7 games, and the Crew are a surprising one point better. Gregg Berhalter’s bunch can make a strong statement by winning at Sporting Park this afternoon.
And ever the sportsman, Aurelien Collin is making sure his voice is heard despite his unavailability thanks to a red card suspension.
— Aurelien COLLIN (@ampC2) May 4, 2014
Sporting KC: Kronberg; Myers, Olum, Besler (C), Sinovic; Rosell, Nagamura, Feilhaber; Peterson, Dwyer, Zusi
Subs: Gruenebaum, Dovale, Bieler, Saad, Juliao, Medranda, Martinez
Columbus: Clark; Williams, Gonzalez, Parkhurst, Francis; Jimenez, Trapp, Tchani, Anor; Higuaín, Arrieta.
Subs: Lampson, Gehrig, Wahl, Paladini, Finlay, Meram, Oduro
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0