May 4, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
On a historic day that sees Sporting KC pick up their championship rings, Columbus will look to restore its claim to a series which had been relatively even before KC won all three matches between the sides last season (WATCH Live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra at 4pm ET).
Columbus enters the game as one of only five MLS teams with a positive goal differential, six better than Sporting KC’s minus-2. Both teams have played 7 games, and the Crew are a surprising one point better. Gregg Berhalter’s bunch can make a strong statement by winning at Sporting Park this afternoon.
And ever the sportsman, Aurelien Collin is making sure his voice is heard despite his unavailability thanks to a red card suspension.
— Aurelien COLLIN (@ampC2) May 4, 2014
Sporting KC: Kronberg; Myers, Olum, Besler (C), Sinovic; Rosell, Nagamura, Feilhaber; Peterson, Dwyer, Zusi
Subs: Gruenebaum, Dovale, Bieler, Saad, Juliao, Medranda, Martinez
Columbus: Clark; Williams, Gonzalez, Parkhurst, Francis; Jimenez, Trapp, Tchani, Anor; Higuaín, Arrieta.
Subs: Lampson, Gehrig, Wahl, Paladini, Finlay, Meram, Oduro
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2