May 4, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
On a historic day that sees Sporting KC pick up their championship rings, Columbus will look to restore its claim to a series which had been relatively even before KC won all three matches between the sides last season (WATCH Live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra at 4pm ET).
Columbus enters the game as one of only five MLS teams with a positive goal differential, six better than Sporting KC’s minus-2. Both teams have played 7 games, and the Crew are a surprising one point better. Gregg Berhalter’s bunch can make a strong statement by winning at Sporting Park this afternoon.
And ever the sportsman, Aurelien Collin is making sure his voice is heard despite his unavailability thanks to a red card suspension.
— Aurelien COLLIN (@ampC2) May 4, 2014
Sporting KC: Kronberg; Myers, Olum, Besler (C), Sinovic; Rosell, Nagamura, Feilhaber; Peterson, Dwyer, Zusi
Subs: Gruenebaum, Dovale, Bieler, Saad, Juliao, Medranda, Martinez
Columbus: Clark; Williams, Gonzalez, Parkhurst, Francis; Jimenez, Trapp, Tchani, Anor; Higuaín, Arrieta.
Subs: Lampson, Gehrig, Wahl, Paladini, Finlay, Meram, Oduro
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 2
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 2
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 1
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 4