May 5, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
The Twitter trolls were out — and plenty of supporters, too — after Liverpool choked away a 3-0 lead and perhaps its chance at an elusive 19th Premier League title in a 3-3 draw at Crystal Palace today.
You expect the trolls. You just don’t expect them to be Samir Nasri and the official Tottenham Hotspur account.
So there was City glee…
What a game , what a league , i love crystal palace so much now our turn to do the job
— Samir Nasri Official (@SamNasri19) May 5, 2014
Spurs piling on…
And then hilariously-pretending we’d buy this explanation:
We apologise to anyone offended by a recent tweet, which was immediately deleted. This post was not tweeted by anyone affiliated to THFC.
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 5, 2014
After that result I imagine Liverpool fans will be relieved that they already won the league two weeks ago.
— Römesh Ranganathan (@RomeshRanga) May 5, 2014
Support from alums…
A helping hand was always required from Aston Villa or West Ham. That’s still the case. Win, lose or draw, Liverpool have been outstanding. — michael owen (@themichaelowen) May 5, 2014
They have a drink special in Liverpool tonight. You get three pints but then you give them all away.
— Blaise Miller (@BlaiseInKC) May 5, 2014
Amazement from the neutrals…
This match is one I will never forget. Fantastic game at Selhurst Park, feel privileged to have witnessed it with my own two eyes. #BPLonNBC
— Joe Prince-Wright (@JPW_NBCSports) May 5, 2014
Tears from the stars…
Anybody else finding the match hashtag of #CRYLIV highly ironic right now?
— ManCityFans.net (@MCFdotNet) May 5, 2014
And hopeful humor from others…
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 6
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 19
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0