May 5, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
US Soccer has announced that the Women’s National Team will host France in a pair of friendly matches this June.
The first game will be played on June 14th at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, while the second will kick off June 19th at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Both matches kick off at 7:30pm ET and will be broadcast live on ussoccer.com.
The top ranked USWNT and fourth ranked France side last met in the opening match of the 2012 Olympics, with the Yanks winning 4-2 with Alex Morgan scoring twice and Abby Wambach and Carli Lloyd each netting a goal on their way to claiming the gold medal. The previous encounter between the two sides saw the US beat France 3-1 in the Women’s World Cup semifinal in Germany.
In their 14 match history against Les Bleus, the Americans are undefeated, having won 13 times and drawn once. Despite the fine record, however, the US is expecting two tightly fought contests with France, who is widely hailed as one of the most talented women’s soccer countries in the world and, to date, has won all four of their 2015 Women’s World Cup qualifying matches.
Tickets for both matches go on sale Friday, May 9th, at 10:00am ET through ussoccer.com.
- La Liga & Serie A roundup: Draws for Real, Atletico; Salah shines for Fiorentina 0
- Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Mourinho’s boys win League Cup trophy 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 4
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 4
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0