May 5, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
US Soccer has announced that the Women’s National Team will host France in a pair of friendly matches this June.
The first game will be played on June 14th at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, while the second will kick off June 19th at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Both matches kick off at 7:30pm ET and will be broadcast live on ussoccer.com.
The top ranked USWNT and fourth ranked France side last met in the opening match of the 2012 Olympics, with the Yanks winning 4-2 with Alex Morgan scoring twice and Abby Wambach and Carli Lloyd each netting a goal on their way to claiming the gold medal. The previous encounter between the two sides saw the US beat France 3-1 in the Women’s World Cup semifinal in Germany.
In their 14 match history against Les Bleus, the Americans are undefeated, having won 13 times and drawn once. Despite the fine record, however, the US is expecting two tightly fought contests with France, who is widely hailed as one of the most talented women’s soccer countries in the world and, to date, has won all four of their 2015 Women’s World Cup qualifying matches.
Tickets for both matches go on sale Friday, May 9th, at 10:00am ET through ussoccer.com.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3