May 6, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
What was supposed to be a real good day against Hull City in which Old Trafford bid adieu to captain Nemanja Vidic now has an extra England subplot.
Reports from Manchester say defender and World Cup hopeful Phil Jones has a suspected dislocated shoulder, and was taken to the hospital after being removed from the match with an injury (that allowed Vidic to make his entrance from the bench).
Jones collided with Hull’s Maynor Figueroa before staying on the turf. With just under one month to go before the final World Cup rosters are due, this could be a big question mark for England.
Phil Jones has been taken to hospital in an ambulance with his arm in a sling following his injury earlier. pic.twitter.com/OvweaxNLaq
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) May 6, 2014
Manchester United leads 1-0 at half on a debut goal from James Wilson, who is making his first First Team appearance for the Red Devils. The goal provided this expletive-deleted Tweet from the stadium:
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1