May 6, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
What was supposed to be a real good day against Hull City in which Old Trafford bid adieu to captain Nemanja Vidic now has an extra England subplot.
Reports from Manchester say defender and World Cup hopeful Phil Jones has a suspected dislocated shoulder, and was taken to the hospital after being removed from the match with an injury (that allowed Vidic to make his entrance from the bench).
Jones collided with Hull’s Maynor Figueroa before staying on the turf. With just under one month to go before the final World Cup rosters are due, this could be a big question mark for England.
Phil Jones has been taken to hospital in an ambulance with his arm in a sling following his injury earlier. pic.twitter.com/OvweaxNLaq
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) May 6, 2014
Manchester United leads 1-0 at half on a debut goal from James Wilson, who is making his first First Team appearance for the Red Devils. The goal provided this expletive-deleted Tweet from the stadium:
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2