May 6, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
What was supposed to be a real good day against Hull City in which Old Trafford bid adieu to captain Nemanja Vidic now has an extra England subplot.
Reports from Manchester say defender and World Cup hopeful Phil Jones has a suspected dislocated shoulder, and was taken to the hospital after being removed from the match with an injury (that allowed Vidic to make his entrance from the bench).
Jones collided with Hull’s Maynor Figueroa before staying on the turf. With just under one month to go before the final World Cup rosters are due, this could be a big question mark for England.
Phil Jones has been taken to hospital in an ambulance with his arm in a sling following his injury earlier. pic.twitter.com/OvweaxNLaq
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) May 6, 2014
Manchester United leads 1-0 at half on a debut goal from James Wilson, who is making his first First Team appearance for the Red Devils. The goal provided this expletive-deleted Tweet from the stadium:
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1