May 6, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
However you feel about consuming animals and their by-products, wearing their bodies or just flat-out how they affect your diet, I think we can all agree about one thing from the latest ad courtesy of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals:
United States men’s national team and Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard is tatted and jacked.
Sure, there’s some photoshop involved, but Howard looks like a mix of an UFC fighter, a lumberjack and an artistically-altered character from “300.” No wonder the dude’s a veritable brick wall in net. He has apparently eaten bricks and they’ve lodged themselves in his abdomen.
I’m almost willing to bet Howard can do a plank for the duration of “Braveheart.”
As for the political side, from PETA:
“Protecting animals is very important to me, and I think speaking out against fur is an amazing cause,” he says. “When I see someone wearing fur, I just want to sit them down in front of one of PETA’s videos and show them just how badly animals suffer for this supposed fabric that no one needs.”
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0