May 6, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
However you feel about consuming animals and their by-products, wearing their bodies or just flat-out how they affect your diet, I think we can all agree about one thing from the latest ad courtesy of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals:
United States men’s national team and Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard is tatted and jacked.
Sure, there’s some photoshop involved, but Howard looks like a mix of an UFC fighter, a lumberjack and an artistically-altered character from “300.” No wonder the dude’s a veritable brick wall in net. He has apparently eaten bricks and they’ve lodged themselves in his abdomen.
I’m almost willing to bet Howard can do a plank for the duration of “Braveheart.”
As for the political side, from PETA:
“Protecting animals is very important to me, and I think speaking out against fur is an amazing cause,” he says. “When I see someone wearing fur, I just want to sit them down in front of one of PETA’s videos and show them just how badly animals suffer for this supposed fabric that no one needs.”
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: Orlando City SC 5-2 Columbus Crew SC (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 6-4 Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1