May 6, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
However you feel about consuming animals and their by-products, wearing their bodies or just flat-out how they affect your diet, I think we can all agree about one thing from the latest ad courtesy of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals:
United States men’s national team and Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard is tatted and jacked.
Sure, there’s some photoshop involved, but Howard looks like a mix of an UFC fighter, a lumberjack and an artistically-altered character from “300.” No wonder the dude’s a veritable brick wall in net. He has apparently eaten bricks and they’ve lodged themselves in his abdomen.
I’m almost willing to bet Howard can do a plank for the duration of “Braveheart.”
As for the political side, from PETA:
“Protecting animals is very important to me, and I think speaking out against fur is an amazing cause,” he says. “When I see someone wearing fur, I just want to sit them down in front of one of PETA’s videos and show them just how badly animals suffer for this supposed fabric that no one needs.”
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 4
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 6
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 3