May 6, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
The injury Sergio Aguero suffered in Saturday’s win over Everton will keep the Manchester City star out of Wednesday’s critical match with Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium.
Aguero suffered a groin strain and is considered doubtful for Championship Sunday. He has 17 Premier League goals on the season but has battled injuries in the second half of the season after a red-hot start to the season.
City is one-point behind Liverpool for the Premier League title, though the Manchester club leads the goal differential by nine and has two matches left to the Reds’ lone remaining tilt (versus Newcastle United on Sunday).
There’s plenty of attacking depth for City, but any sign of struggle coming from Manchester will be looked upon with hope from Liverpool fans, who watched their club botch a 3-0 lead on Monday at Selhurst Park. The match with Crystal Palace finished 3-3.
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 0
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 3
- Manchester City 2-0 Watford: Sterling scores, hosts make history in comfortable win 0
- Watch Live: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Callum Wilson’s bicycle kick lifts Bournemouth into an early lead 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Arsenal: Gunners play up a man 74 minutes, need own goal to win 0