May 6, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
The injury Sergio Aguero suffered in Saturday’s win over Everton will keep the Manchester City star out of Wednesday’s critical match with Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium.
Aguero suffered a groin strain and is considered doubtful for Championship Sunday. He has 17 Premier League goals on the season but has battled injuries in the second half of the season after a red-hot start to the season.
City is one-point behind Liverpool for the Premier League title, though the Manchester club leads the goal differential by nine and has two matches left to the Reds’ lone remaining tilt (versus Newcastle United on Sunday).
There’s plenty of attacking depth for City, but any sign of struggle coming from Manchester will be looked upon with hope from Liverpool fans, who watched their club botch a 3-0 lead on Monday at Selhurst Park. The match with Crystal Palace finished 3-3.
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa: Gunners torch hapless Villa with deadly counters 0
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 4
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0