May 7, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Who will be repping the gold and blue at Brazil’s home World Cup this summer? The picture’s clear thanks to Luiz Felipe Scolari’s roster release.
Kaka and Ronaldinho are the biggest names to not be on the list, as Scolari has the luxury of leaving off two former World Players of the Year. The team, as usual, is stacked.
Here’s the roster, with Starting XI “help” from the staff of Toronto FC:
— Toronto FC (@torontofc) May 7, 2014
GOALKEEPERS: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atlético Mineiro)
FORWARDS: Hulk (Zenit), Neymar (Barcelona), Fred (Fluminense), Jô (Atlético Mineiro), Bernard (Shaktar Donetsk)
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 3
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 5
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 3
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 16
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 8
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 3