May 7, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Sacha Kljestan hasn’t been playing as much these days for Belgian power Anderlecht, certainly compared to previous days as a fixture in the club’s plans.
And he’s a new dad, with model wife Jamie Lee Darley, who may be getting ready to return Major League Soccer according to a Belgian report spotted by MLSSoccer.com
It says Kljestan, 28, has a preferred destination in the Galaxy, but L.A. already has three Designated Players in Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan and Omar Gonzalez.
Perhaps Kljestan would not be a DP at age 28 and with his “off” season in Belgium, and nearby Chivas USA also has three DPs (Mauro Rosales, Oswaldo Minda and Erick Torres). Completing the Cali clubs would be San Jose, who only has Chris Wondolowski as a DP.
Kljestan scored 16 goals in 127 appearances for Chivas USA before leaving for Anderlecht in 2010. He’s won multiple titles with the Belgian club, scoring 21 times in 156 matches.
Kljestan has been capped 47 times by the United States, but just thrice in 2013.
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 2
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0