May 7, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Sacha Kljestan hasn’t been playing as much these days for Belgian power Anderlecht, certainly compared to previous days as a fixture in the club’s plans.
And he’s a new dad, with model wife Jamie Lee Darley, who may be getting ready to return Major League Soccer according to a Belgian report spotted by MLSSoccer.com
It says Kljestan, 28, has a preferred destination in the Galaxy, but L.A. already has three Designated Players in Robbie Keane, Landon Donovan and Omar Gonzalez.
Perhaps Kljestan would not be a DP at age 28 and with his “off” season in Belgium, and nearby Chivas USA also has three DPs (Mauro Rosales, Oswaldo Minda and Erick Torres). Completing the Cali clubs would be San Jose, who only has Chris Wondolowski as a DP.
Kljestan scored 16 goals in 127 appearances for Chivas USA before leaving for Anderlecht in 2010. He’s won multiple titles with the Belgian club, scoring 21 times in 156 matches.
Kljestan has been capped 47 times by the United States, but just thrice in 2013.
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 1
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 2
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0