May 7, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Aston Villa are safe from relegation heading into the final week of the season.
That sound you just heard was a collective sigh of relief from the Villa faithful, after yet another arduous seasons at Villa Park.
Last weekend they beat Hull City 3-1 at home, with Andreas Weimann scoring twice before half time to ease their nerves as the Austrian international came up big when it mattered.
Weimann, 22, has only scored six times in 40 appearances for club and country this season and the Villa academy product has struggled to rediscover the form which saw him burst onto the scenes a few years ago.
Watch the video above to see his tidy finishes, as Weimann is your Premier League Player of the Week.
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 2
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 7