May 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Sunderland will look to seal its unlikely climb out of the relegation zone with a win over West Bromwich Albion, though a point will likely do just fine (Watch live at 2:45pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Black Cats have a 2-point lead and an almost insurmountable goal differential advantage over Norwich City heading into their final two games. With the 33-point Canaries only match remaining coming on Championship Sunday, a three-point lead would be massive.
Gus Poyet claims he’ll be going into the match to win, while 36-point West Brom can rest knowing their goal differential is far superior to Norwich and significantly better than Sunderland.
Sunderland: Mannone, Vergini, O’Shea, Brown, Alonso, Cattermole, Johnson, Larsson, Colback, Borini, Wickham
Subs: Ustari, Bardsley, Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Ba, Altidore, Scocco
West Bromwich Albion: Foster, Reid, McAuley, Lugano, Brunt, Berahino, Yacob, Morrison, Dorrans, Sessegnon, Anichebe
Subs: Myhill, Dawson, Sinclair, Vydra, Mulumbu, Olsson, O’Neil
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 0
- Gulati: U.S. Soccer will vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in FIFA election, not Sepp Blatter 3
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: Summer transfer needs 2
- Premier League 2014-15 review – Top 10 games of the season 3
- By the numbers: 2014-15 Premier League season in review 1
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 4