May 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Sunderland will look to seal its unlikely climb out of the relegation zone with a win over West Bromwich Albion, though a point will likely do just fine (Watch live at 2:45pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Black Cats have a 2-point lead and an almost insurmountable goal differential advantage over Norwich City heading into their final two games. With the 33-point Canaries only match remaining coming on Championship Sunday, a three-point lead would be massive.
Gus Poyet claims he’ll be going into the match to win, while 36-point West Brom can rest knowing their goal differential is far superior to Norwich and significantly better than Sunderland.
Sunderland: Mannone, Vergini, O’Shea, Brown, Alonso, Cattermole, Johnson, Larsson, Colback, Borini, Wickham
Subs: Ustari, Bardsley, Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Ba, Altidore, Scocco
West Bromwich Albion: Foster, Reid, McAuley, Lugano, Brunt, Berahino, Yacob, Morrison, Dorrans, Sessegnon, Anichebe
Subs: Myhill, Dawson, Sinclair, Vydra, Mulumbu, Olsson, O’Neil
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0