May 7, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Sunderland will look to seal its unlikely climb out of the relegation zone with a win over West Bromwich Albion, though a point will likely do just fine (Watch live at 2:45pm ET on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Black Cats have a 2-point lead and an almost insurmountable goal differential advantage over Norwich City heading into their final two games. With the 33-point Canaries only match remaining coming on Championship Sunday, a three-point lead would be massive.
Gus Poyet claims he’ll be going into the match to win, while 36-point West Brom can rest knowing their goal differential is far superior to Norwich and significantly better than Sunderland.
Sunderland: Mannone, Vergini, O’Shea, Brown, Alonso, Cattermole, Johnson, Larsson, Colback, Borini, Wickham
Subs: Ustari, Bardsley, Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Ba, Altidore, Scocco
West Bromwich Albion: Foster, Reid, McAuley, Lugano, Brunt, Berahino, Yacob, Morrison, Dorrans, Sessegnon, Anichebe
Subs: Myhill, Dawson, Sinclair, Vydra, Mulumbu, Olsson, O’Neil
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0