May 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Story so far… It sure didn’t start well, did it? Blame that darn Michael Jackson statue if you like, but after winning their opener at Sunderland, the Cottagers only snagged one point from their next five matches. Unfortunately, that was a sign of struggle to come. They went winless in September, November and February.
And their entire season may be an argument against the influence of managers, or for the key nature of a brilliant boss (though Felix Magath clearly provided an improved record). Check the records of their three (!!!) men in charge this season:
Martin Jol: 3W-1D-9L
Rene Meulensteen: 3W-1D-9L
Felix Magath: 3W-2D-6L
Who do they play and where can I watch it: Fulham finishes this PL stint with a home London derby against Crystal Palace. Watch the game at 10am ET on E! or live online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Form guide: Cardiff fell to Chelsea 4-1 at the Emirates in mid-October.
What’s at stake: The pride of its last Premier League London derby for at least a year. With all due respect to Crystal Palace and Tony Pulis, who had their fun at Liverpool’s expense on Monday, it’d be nice to see the Cottagers go out with a win.
When the final whistle blows: Fulham will be down to the Championship, hoping to yo-yo right back up but with a lot of personnel moves to make before that endeavor begins.
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 3
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0
- FA Cup roundup: Top-three Premier League teams all eliminated at home 1