May 9, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
On Monday, May 12, Roy Hodgson will name his provisional 30-man England squad for the World Cup finals in Brazil this summer.
Like every national team manager right about now, the Three Lions’ boss has plenty of tough choices to make.
So, let’s make it easier for Roy.
England currently possess a fine crop of young talent and would be daft not to use that to augment their experienced players down in Brazil this summer. We all know every single nation goes into the tournament dreaming of lifting the trophy but at times you have to look to the future and that’s exactly what England should do in Brazil. If the likes of Ross Barkley, Luke Shaw and Raheem Sterling get the chance to shine in Brazil, the future is bright for England.
Hodgson will name his 30-man squad from a Vauxhall motor factory in Luton, Hertfordshire on Monday afternoon (you read that right) and then he has to whittle it down to 23 before the squad jets off to Brazil. Bearing in mind there are injuries to players like Theo Walcott, Andros Townsend, Jay Rodriguez and others, here is who I would take to the World Cup if I was England manager.
Why don’t you have a go in the comments section below, too. It’s a pretty fun time.
JPW’s 23-MAN ENGLAND SQUAD
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3