May 11, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
Ashley Cole‘s England career seems all-but-over, as the Chelsea stalwart and longtime Three Lions player has reportedly been left off Roy Hodgson’s 23-man roster for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
There have been several reports that include leaks for the roster, which is set to come out on Monday.
The Daily Mail is reporting that Michael Carrick will also miss out on a plane ticket, with Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Raheem Sterling, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ross Barkley and Luke Shaw getting the call.
Without Lampard and Gerrard, the squad has an average age of 25.
The other squad members are Joe Hart, Ben Foster, John Ruddy, Glen Johnson, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Leighton Baines, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Daniel Sturridge, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Rickie Lambert.
Some other snubs from the list are Celtic keeper Fraser Forster, Toronto FC forward Jermaine Defoe and Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley. If it’s true, what do you think?
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3