May 11, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Manchester City’s players well celebrate their Premier League title win long into the night, as they sealed just the clubs fourth-ever English title.
After the game fans stormed the pitch as jubilant scenes engulfed the Etihad Stadium. The pitch was then cleared as the podium was set up out in the center of the pitch, before captain Vincent Kompany hoisted the the Premier League trophy with streamers and fire as the backdrop.
City are the 2013-14 PL champions, so let’s hear from some of the players who were pivotal in the success of Manuel Pellegrini’s side this season.
Vincent Kompany, Manchester City captain
“Forget about the money and everything. As a kid, you grow up and dream of lifting trophies, I feel like I am living that dream when I do this. We are building a club. Not just a team that wins trophies every now and again. Next year we need to be even better. If you want to be a big club then this must be one of so many.”
Pablo Zabaleta, Manchester City defender
“This is fantastic. Everyone – players, staff, fans, every single person who works for this club – is trying to make the club bigger. We know the way to do it is a strong mentality and I think the players deserve it. It is the manager’s first season in the Premier League and he won it. We know how special the Premier League is. We need to be proud because we know the owners were spending big over the last few years to make it happen so it’s time to enjoy, but we are hungry to bring more success to this club.”
Joe Hart, Manchester City goalkeeper
“It was calmer today than the other season, but it was a very tough season. It’s claimed this was the best Premier League ever. Every team has played a part this season. It couldn’t have set things up for the summer any better.”
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 0
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 0
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0