May 11, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
After a stunning season which saw them clinch the Premier League title, Manchester City can look back proudly on the 2013-14 campaign.
On the final day they beat West Ham United 2-0 to win the league and rule supreme in the PL. In truth, for a few weeks now it has never been in doubt. Coolness personified, City;s experienced core of Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart, Pablo Zabaleta, Yaya Toure and others have played fantastically well and kept their cool down the stretch.
Surprisingly, due to games being postponed throughout the season, City only led the league for 14 days. When it mattered most, they came out on top.
They scored a league-high 102 goals, won the League Cup and had the second best defensive record in the Premier League. City were deserved champions, as Manuel Pellegrini delivered a league title in his first season as City manager and his first campaign managing in England. So, a grueling 38-game season, which started in mid-August 2013, has now come to a close and City are top of the pile and became just the fourth club to win multiple PL titles in their history after Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United.
Above is a fantastic video compiled by NBC Sports’ wonderful production staff, as they pay homage to City’s title-winning season. Sit back, get yourself some popcorn and watch Pellegrini’s players put on a clinic of how to win the PL in style.
MAN CITY WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE
VIDEO: Manchester City celebrate title, as fans swarm the pitch
VIDEO: Manchester City’s players react to winning Premier League title
MORE: Man City are the 2013-14 Premier League champions
MORE: Man City 2-0 West Ham United – City win the Premier League
MORE: Pellegrini reflects after Man City help him claim his first European title
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 1
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 1
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0