May 11, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
After lifting the Premier League title aloft and celebrating his second PL winners medal as City’s captain, life is pretty good right now for Belgian international defender Vincent Kompany.
Kompany, 28, scored the second goal in City’s crucial 2-0 win over West Ham United on the final day, as their inspirational skipper was instrumental in helping Manuel Pellegrini’s side win it all.
Following the crazy celebrations with his teammates and fans out on the pitch after the game, Kompany hopped on the phone and spoke to Rebecca Lowe and our Premier League gang in Stamford, as he reflected on a marvelous day for Man City.
Watch the video above to hear an exclusive chat with Kompany, as City’s skipper lead by example throughout the 2013-14 season.
VIDEO: Manchester City celebrate title, as fans swarm the pitch
VIDEO: Manchester City’s players react to winning Premier League title
MORE: Man City are the 2013-14 Premier League champions
MORE: Man City 2-0 West Ham United – City win the Premier League
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 0
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 13
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 9
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0