May 11, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
After lifting the Premier League title aloft and celebrating his second PL winners medal as City’s captain, life is pretty good right now for Belgian international defender Vincent Kompany.
Kompany, 28, scored the second goal in City’s crucial 2-0 win over West Ham United on the final day, as their inspirational skipper was instrumental in helping Manuel Pellegrini’s side win it all.
Following the crazy celebrations with his teammates and fans out on the pitch after the game, Kompany hopped on the phone and spoke to Rebecca Lowe and our Premier League gang in Stamford, as he reflected on a marvelous day for Man City.
Watch the video above to hear an exclusive chat with Kompany, as City’s skipper lead by example throughout the 2013-14 season.
VIDEO: Manchester City celebrate title, as fans swarm the pitch
VIDEO: Manchester City’s players react to winning Premier League title
MORE: Man City are the 2013-14 Premier League champions
MORE: Man City 2-0 West Ham United – City win the Premier League
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 0
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12