May 11, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
Former Oasis guitarist and current High Flying Birds musician Noel Gallagher and his brother Liam are longtime, and for a long time long-suffering, Manchester City supporters.
Now in the halcyon days of the Citizens, Gallagher has watched as his favored club has won two Premier League titles in three years. And as a friend of City captain Vincent Kompany, the “She’s Electric” writer showed off his the captain’s arm band he “earned” before a post-match interview with Geoff Shreeves.
Skip to the end if you don’t want to hear him praising the smart buys of City, or if you don’t want to hear him reminisce on how tough being a City fan used to be.
Either way, the man writes a brilliant song.
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 0
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 0
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7