May 11, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Former Oasis guitarist and current High Flying Birds musician Noel Gallagher and his brother Liam are longtime, and for a long time long-suffering, Manchester City supporters.
Now in the halcyon days of the Citizens, Gallagher has watched as his favored club has won two Premier League titles in three years. And as a friend of City captain Vincent Kompany, the “She’s Electric” writer showed off his the captain’s arm band he “earned” before a post-match interview with Geoff Shreeves.
Skip to the end if you don’t want to hear him praising the smart buys of City, or if you don’t want to hear him reminisce on how tough being a City fan used to be.
Either way, the man writes a brilliant song.
- FIFA says World Cup will stay in Russia, “can achieve positive change” 1
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 1
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 3
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1