May 11, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Former Oasis guitarist and current High Flying Birds musician Noel Gallagher and his brother Liam are longtime, and for a long time long-suffering, Manchester City supporters.
Now in the halcyon days of the Citizens, Gallagher has watched as his favored club has won two Premier League titles in three years. And as a friend of City captain Vincent Kompany, the “She’s Electric” writer showed off his the captain’s arm band he “earned” before a post-match interview with Geoff Shreeves.
Skip to the end if you don’t want to hear him praising the smart buys of City, or if you don’t want to hear him reminisce on how tough being a City fan used to be.
Either way, the man writes a brilliant song.
- Saturday Premier League roundup: Chelsea win again, Arsenal fight back 0
- Everton 2-2 Arsenal: Late goals seals dramatic comeback for Gunners 1
- Chelsea 2-0 Leicester City: Costa scores again, Hazard ensures win 1
- Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle: Guzan saves a point as Villa moves top 0
- ‘Powerful explosions’ rock Shakhtar Donetsk’s home stadium in Ukraine 2
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 2 0