May 11, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Manchester City welcome West Ham United to the Etihad Stadium (Watch live on NBC at 10:00 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra) knowing just a point will seal their second Premier League title in the last three years.
Manuel Pellegrini’s men have won four of their last five and have stormed to the top of the PL standings at the crucial time of the season.
City’s attackers have been sensational, racking up 100 goals and their defense has also been hugely impressive in recent weeks. After final day drama two years ago when they won the PL title, can City saunter towards the crown this time around?
In their way stand a stubborn West Ham side who are safe from relegation following their victory over Tottenham last weekend. Sam Allardyce and his side will play the role of spoilers as City need to avoid defeat to clinch the crown.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Garcia, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, Negredo, Jovetic
West Ham United: Adrian, Reid, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Carroll, Taylor, Noble, O’Brien, Diame, Downing. Subs: Jarvis, Armero, Vaz Te, Collins, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole, J.Cole
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 0
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2
- Americans Abroad Wrap: US teenagers go distance for Fulham, Utrecht 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Celebrating the Premier League’s return (and a Mickey Rourke encounter) 3