May 11, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Manchester City welcome West Ham United to the Etihad Stadium (Watch live on NBC at 10:00 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra) knowing just a point will seal their second Premier League title in the last three years.
Manuel Pellegrini’s men have won four of their last five and have stormed to the top of the PL standings at the crucial time of the season.
City’s attackers have been sensational, racking up 100 goals and their defense has also been hugely impressive in recent weeks. After final day drama two years ago when they won the PL title, can City saunter towards the crown this time around?
In their way stand a stubborn West Ham side who are safe from relegation following their victory over Tottenham last weekend. Sam Allardyce and his side will play the role of spoilers as City need to avoid defeat to clinch the crown.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Garcia, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, Negredo, Jovetic
West Ham United: Adrian, Reid, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Carroll, Taylor, Noble, O’Brien, Diame, Downing. Subs: Jarvis, Armero, Vaz Te, Collins, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole, J.Cole
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1