May 11, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Manchester City welcome West Ham United to the Etihad Stadium (Watch live on NBC at 10:00 a.m. ET and online via Live Extra) knowing just a point will seal their second Premier League title in the last three years.
Manuel Pellegrini’s men have won four of their last five and have stormed to the top of the PL standings at the crucial time of the season.
City’s attackers have been sensational, racking up 100 goals and their defense has also been hugely impressive in recent weeks. After final day drama two years ago when they won the PL title, can City saunter towards the crown this time around?
In their way stand a stubborn West Ham side who are safe from relegation following their victory over Tottenham last weekend. Sam Allardyce and his side will play the role of spoilers as City need to avoid defeat to clinch the crown.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Garcia, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, Negredo, Jovetic
West Ham United: Adrian, Reid, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Carroll, Taylor, Noble, O’Brien, Diame, Downing. Subs: Jarvis, Armero, Vaz Te, Collins, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole, J.Cole
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 4
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5