May 11, 2014, 9:39 AM EST
Mark Hughes, flying under the radar with Tony Pulis and Gus Poyet taking much of the managerial headlines, looks to pick up Stoke City’s first-ever top-10 Premier League finish for Stoke City.
They travel to The Hawthornes to face West Bromwich Albion at 10am ET live on Oxygen or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Interestingly, West Brom can still mathematically be relegated, but it would require spoiling a 17-goal advantage in differential over Norwich, so Stoke has some goalscoring to do!
Asmir Begovic is missing for Stoke City in goal, having picked up a slight toe injury, but the Stoke Twitter account says it won’t have any affect on his World Cup status. Replacing him is Thomas Sorensen, with Jack Butland on the bench.
Ossama Assaidi also misses out for Stoke, having seen his knee injury from February flare up again. Otherwise, it’s a very full-strength lineup for Hughes and Stoke City as they gun for club history. They can see themselves jump as high as ninth place with a win and Newcastle dropped points.
West Brom gets Liam Ridgewell back, seeing him on the bench. Saido Berainho is the lone striker up top for a team that has struggled to score goals all season long, while Matej Vydra is in the strike reserves on the bench.
Billy Reid is out, while Zoltan Gera is as well, having likely already played his last game in a West Brom shirt.
West Brom – Foster; Dawson, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt; Dorrans, Mulumbu, Morrison, Amalfitano, Sessegnon; Berahino.
Bench – Myhill, O’Neil, Lugano, Yacob, Anichebe, Vydra, Ridgewell.
Stoke City – Sorensen; Muniesa, Shawcross, Wilson, Cameron; Arnautovic, Whelan, Nzonzi, Odemwingie; Ireland, Walters.
Bench – Butland; Pieters, Wilkinson, Adam, Palacios, Etherington, Crouch.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0