May 11, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Hoffenheim and Eintracht Braunschweig’s Bundesliga finale had it all.
First, all Hoffi the Moose wanted to do was get involved in a goal celebration, but stone-faced referee Peter Sippel was having none of it and sent the furry to the stands.
Roberto Firmino’s fantastic side volley from just inside the 18-yard-box lifted Hoffenheim to its second of three goals in a 3-1 win over relegated Eintracht Braunschweig.
And Hoffi was sent off.
But perhaps the best video came from the losing side of the match, as Braunschweig supporters stuck around to sing their hearts out for their relegated club. A small girl even ran out onto the pitch to give manager Torsten Lieberknecht a rose. The gestures from the road faithful are something the team will not soon forget.
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 0
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 0
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0