May 11, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Hoffenheim and Eintracht Braunschweig’s Bundesliga finale had it all.
First, all Hoffi the Moose wanted to do was get involved in a goal celebration, but stone-faced referee Peter Sippel was having none of it and sent the furry to the stands.
Roberto Firmino’s fantastic side volley from just inside the 18-yard-box lifted Hoffenheim to its second of three goals in a 3-1 win over relegated Eintracht Braunschweig.
And Hoffi was sent off.
But perhaps the best video came from the losing side of the match, as Braunschweig supporters stuck around to sing their hearts out for their relegated club. A small girl even ran out onto the pitch to give manager Torsten Lieberknecht a rose. The gestures from the road faithful are something the team will not soon forget.
- WATCH: Incredible 60-yard pass leads Montreal ouster of Pachuca in CONCACAF Champions League 1
- Tuesday’s Premier League roundup: Saints, Villa win; Hull, Sunderland draw 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: Toronto FC 0
- Aston Villa 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: Late drama hands Sherwood first win (video) 0
- Southampton 1-0 Crystal Palace: Mane’s late goal gets Saints back on track (video) 0
- Update on MLS labor strike: Players Union, league at impasse as situation looks dire 8