May 11, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Hoffenheim and Eintracht Braunschweig’s Bundesliga finale had it all.
First, all Hoffi the Moose wanted to do was get involved in a goal celebration, but stone-faced referee Peter Sippel was having none of it and sent the furry to the stands.
Roberto Firmino’s fantastic side volley from just inside the 18-yard-box lifted Hoffenheim to its second of three goals in a 3-1 win over relegated Eintracht Braunschweig.
And Hoffi was sent off.
But perhaps the best video came from the losing side of the match, as Braunschweig supporters stuck around to sing their hearts out for their relegated club. A small girl even ran out onto the pitch to give manager Torsten Lieberknecht a rose. The gestures from the road faithful are something the team will not soon forget.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0