May 11, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Hoffenheim and Eintracht Braunschweig’s Bundesliga finale had it all.
First, all Hoffi the Moose wanted to do was get involved in a goal celebration, but stone-faced referee Peter Sippel was having none of it and sent the furry to the stands.
Roberto Firmino’s fantastic side volley from just inside the 18-yard-box lifted Hoffenheim to its second of three goals in a 3-1 win over relegated Eintracht Braunschweig.
And Hoffi was sent off.
But perhaps the best video came from the losing side of the match, as Braunschweig supporters stuck around to sing their hearts out for their relegated club. A small girl even ran out onto the pitch to give manager Torsten Lieberknecht a rose. The gestures from the road faithful are something the team will not soon forget.
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 2
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0
- Premier League player of month on pace for 67 goals (video) 0
- Open Cup final preview: Is a championship coming to Philly tonight? 0
- Arsenal’s defending depth fears could be on display against Dortmund 5