May 11, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Hoffenheim and Eintracht Braunschweig’s Bundesliga finale had it all.
First, all Hoffi the Moose wanted to do was get involved in a goal celebration, but stone-faced referee Peter Sippel was having none of it and sent the furry to the stands.
Roberto Firmino’s fantastic side volley from just inside the 18-yard-box lifted Hoffenheim to its second of three goals in a 3-1 win over relegated Eintracht Braunschweig.
And Hoffi was sent off.
But perhaps the best video came from the losing side of the match, as Braunschweig supporters stuck around to sing their hearts out for their relegated club. A small girl even ran out onto the pitch to give manager Torsten Lieberknecht a rose. The gestures from the road faithful are something the team will not soon forget.
- Gold Cup Today: USMNT face Honduras, Panama vs. Haiti kick things off – Day 1 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Darmian to Manchester United, Clasie to Southampton 0
- Chelsea and Tottenham to battle for Wembley Stadium as temporary home 0
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 6
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 3
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 3