May 12, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Costa Rica’s 30-man roster is 1/6 Major League Soccer, as Jorge Luis Pinto will look to lead CONCACAF’s second-place qualifier past the group stage for the first time since 1990.
The Columbus Crew are most heavily-invested in the team, with Waylon Francis, Giancarlo Gonzalez and Jairo Arrieta making the team. New York’s Roy Miller and Real Salt Lake’s Alvaro Saborio also will represent the United States’ top flight.
Of course, captain Bryan Ruiz of PSV Eindhoven is up-top for Ticos.
Goalkeepers: Keilor Navas (Levante), Patrick Pemberton (Alajuelense), Daniel Cambronero (Herediano), Esteban Alvarado (AZ Alkmaar)
Defenders: Johnny Acosta (Alajualense), Giancarlo González (Columbus Crew), Michael Umaña (Saprissa), Oscar Duarte (Brugge ), Waylon Francis (Columbus Crew), Heiner Mora (Saprissa), Junior Díaz (Mainz 05), Chrisitan Gamboa (Rosenborg), Roy Miller (New York Red Bulls), Kendall Watson (Saprissa)
Midfielders: Celso Borges (AIK), Christián Bolaños (Copenhagen), Esteban Granados (Herediano), Michael Barrantes (Aalesund), Yeltsin Tejeda (Saprissa), Diego Calvo (Valerenga), José Miguel Cubero (Herediano), Carlos Hernández (Wellington Phoenix), Ariel Rodríguez (Alajualense), Hansell Arauz (Saprissa)
Forwards: Álvaro Saborío (Real Salt Lake), Bryan Ruiz ( PSV Eindhoven), Joel Campbell (Olympiacos), Randall Brenes (Cartagines), Marco Ureña (Kuban Krasnodor), Jairo Arrieta (Columbus Crew)
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT takes on Peru in important tune-up match (Lineups) 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 36