May 12, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Costa Rica’s 30-man roster is 1/6 Major League Soccer, as Jorge Luis Pinto will look to lead CONCACAF’s second-place qualifier past the group stage for the first time since 1990.
The Columbus Crew are most heavily-invested in the team, with Waylon Francis, Giancarlo Gonzalez and Jairo Arrieta making the team. New York’s Roy Miller and Real Salt Lake’s Alvaro Saborio also will represent the United States’ top flight.
Of course, captain Bryan Ruiz of PSV Eindhoven is up-top for Ticos.
Goalkeepers: Keilor Navas (Levante), Patrick Pemberton (Alajuelense), Daniel Cambronero (Herediano), Esteban Alvarado (AZ Alkmaar)
Defenders: Johnny Acosta (Alajualense), Giancarlo González (Columbus Crew), Michael Umaña (Saprissa), Oscar Duarte (Brugge ), Waylon Francis (Columbus Crew), Heiner Mora (Saprissa), Junior Díaz (Mainz 05), Chrisitan Gamboa (Rosenborg), Roy Miller (New York Red Bulls), Kendall Watson (Saprissa)
Midfielders: Celso Borges (AIK), Christián Bolaños (Copenhagen), Esteban Granados (Herediano), Michael Barrantes (Aalesund), Yeltsin Tejeda (Saprissa), Diego Calvo (Valerenga), José Miguel Cubero (Herediano), Carlos Hernández (Wellington Phoenix), Ariel Rodríguez (Alajualense), Hansell Arauz (Saprissa)
Forwards: Álvaro Saborío (Real Salt Lake), Bryan Ruiz ( PSV Eindhoven), Joel Campbell (Olympiacos), Randall Brenes (Cartagines), Marco Ureña (Kuban Krasnodor), Jairo Arrieta (Columbus Crew)
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 2
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 14