May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Samuel Eto’o may have his say in yet another World Cup as Cameroon head coach Volker Finke has included the 33-year-old Chelsea striker in this 28-man provisional roster for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
According to the BBC, Finke’s picks are almost completely the same as the team he used to beat Tunisia in the CAF qualifying playoff (Hamburg forward Jacques Zoua could’ve made it a perfect 28, but he’s injured).
Cameroon is in Group A with Mexico, Croatia and host country Brazil.
Full roster below…
Goalkeepers: Charles Itandje (Konyaspor), Guy Roland Ndy Assembe (Guingamp), Sammy Ndjock (Fethiyespor), Feudjou Loic (Coton Sport).
Defenders: Allan Nyom (Granada), Nounkeu Dany (Besiktas), Cedric Djeugoue (Coton Sport), Aurelien Chedjou (Galatasaray), Nicolas Nkoulou (Marseille), Jean-Armel Kana-Biyick (Rennes), Henri Bedimo (Lyon), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (QPR), Gaetang Bong (Olympiakos).
Midfielders: Enoh Eyong (Antalyaspor), Jean Makoun (Rennes), Joel Matip (Schalke 04), Stephane Mbia (Sevilla, on loan from QPR), Landry Nguemo (Bordeaux), Alexandre Song (Barcelona), Cedric Loe (Osasuna), Edgar Salli (Lens).
Forwards: Samuel Eto’o (Chelsea), Eric-Maxime Choupo-Moting (Mainz 05), Benjamin Moukandjo (Nancy), Vincent Aboubakar (Lorient), Pierre Achille Webo (Fenerbahce), Mohamadou Idrissou (Kaiserslautern), Fabrice Olinga (Zulte Waregem)
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 9
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0