May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Samuel Eto’o may have his say in yet another World Cup as Cameroon head coach Volker Finke has included the 33-year-old Chelsea striker in this 28-man provisional roster for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
According to the BBC, Finke’s picks are almost completely the same as the team he used to beat Tunisia in the CAF qualifying playoff (Hamburg forward Jacques Zoua could’ve made it a perfect 28, but he’s injured).
Cameroon is in Group A with Mexico, Croatia and host country Brazil.
Full roster below…
Goalkeepers: Charles Itandje (Konyaspor), Guy Roland Ndy Assembe (Guingamp), Sammy Ndjock (Fethiyespor), Feudjou Loic (Coton Sport).
Defenders: Allan Nyom (Granada), Nounkeu Dany (Besiktas), Cedric Djeugoue (Coton Sport), Aurelien Chedjou (Galatasaray), Nicolas Nkoulou (Marseille), Jean-Armel Kana-Biyick (Rennes), Henri Bedimo (Lyon), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (QPR), Gaetang Bong (Olympiakos).
Midfielders: Enoh Eyong (Antalyaspor), Jean Makoun (Rennes), Joel Matip (Schalke 04), Stephane Mbia (Sevilla, on loan from QPR), Landry Nguemo (Bordeaux), Alexandre Song (Barcelona), Cedric Loe (Osasuna), Edgar Salli (Lens).
Forwards: Samuel Eto’o (Chelsea), Eric-Maxime Choupo-Moting (Mainz 05), Benjamin Moukandjo (Nancy), Vincent Aboubakar (Lorient), Pierre Achille Webo (Fenerbahce), Mohamadou Idrissou (Kaiserslautern), Fabrice Olinga (Zulte Waregem)
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 14
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 22
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1