May 12, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis took over for Ian Holloway and lead the Eagles out of a relegation fight and into the middle of the table, earning him the League Managers Association’s Premier League Manager of the Year award over Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers and Everton’s Roberto Martinez amongst others.
But hold on Liverpool fans, Rodgers was awarded the overall LMA Manager of the Year award after leading the Reds to a stunning run just short of the Premier League title.
Pulis was one of only three managers to receive an “A” grade in our year-end review.
And then there’s this:
5 – Crystal Palace have picked up just five points fewer than Man Utd since Tony Pulis took charge. Honoured.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) May 12, 2014
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire at San Jose Earthquakes (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 1
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 9