May 12, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
This final PotW award goes to a man who hasn’t been on the radar of most people this season: Dwight Gayle.
Crystal Palace’s forward, who they bought from Peterborough for a whopping $9 million last summer, wasn’t a regular starter for the Eagles and struggled to get in the team even under Tony Pulis after the emergence of Cameron Jerome and Marouane Chamakh.
That said, when he got his chance to shine Gayle grabbed with both hands as he jumped off the bench to score twice against Liverpool last Monday in Palace’s stunning comeback to draw 3-3, then scored another brace in the 2-2 draw with Fulham on the final day. Four of his eight goals this season came in the final two games as Gayle finished the season on-fire.
Your final Premier League Player of the Week is Crystal Palace’s Dwight Gayle. Watch the video about to see the talented striker in action.
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2