May 12, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
This final PotW award goes to a man who hasn’t been on the radar of most people this season: Dwight Gayle.
Crystal Palace’s forward, who they bought from Peterborough for a whopping $9 million last summer, wasn’t a regular starter for the Eagles and struggled to get in the team even under Tony Pulis after the emergence of Cameron Jerome and Marouane Chamakh.
That said, when he got his chance to shine Gayle grabbed with both hands as he jumped off the bench to score twice against Liverpool last Monday in Palace’s stunning comeback to draw 3-3, then scored another brace in the 2-2 draw with Fulham on the final day. Four of his eight goals this season came in the final two games as Gayle finished the season on-fire.
Your final Premier League Player of the Week is Crystal Palace’s Dwight Gayle. Watch the video about to see the talented striker in action.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1