May 12, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
This final PotW award goes to a man who hasn’t been on the radar of most people this season: Dwight Gayle.
Crystal Palace’s forward, who they bought from Peterborough for a whopping $9 million last summer, wasn’t a regular starter for the Eagles and struggled to get in the team even under Tony Pulis after the emergence of Cameron Jerome and Marouane Chamakh.
That said, when he got his chance to shine Gayle grabbed with both hands as he jumped off the bench to score twice against Liverpool last Monday in Palace’s stunning comeback to draw 3-3, then scored another brace in the 2-2 draw with Fulham on the final day. Four of his eight goals this season came in the final two games as Gayle finished the season on-fire.
Your final Premier League Player of the Week is Crystal Palace’s Dwight Gayle. Watch the video about to see the talented striker in action.
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 5
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 3
- Analysis: Arsenal, Manchester City handed tough Champions League draw 1