May 13, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid have contributed nearly a dozen players to Spain’s provisional squad for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, se.lected by manager Vicente del Bosque.
Four Atletico Madrid players also made the group of 30, which features a total of 16 players from La Liga.
Defenders: Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).
Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Ander Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), David Silva (Manchester City), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Tiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Juan Mata (Manchester United), Jesus Navas (Manchester City).
Forwards: Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), David Villa (Atletico Madrid), Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Fernando Llorente (Juventus), Fernando Torres (Chelsea).
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC called off, will remain at Barcelona 0
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 2
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 4
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 11
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 8
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 1