May 13, 2014, 9:47 AM EST
Orlando City has changed its look for its maiden Major League Soccer voyage, with a clean crest that features a gold lion on a purple shield.
Thoughts? It’s certainly feels like a step-up from their former logo, but there’s a Disney feel to it as well.
Perhaps a “Everything the light touches is our kingdom” motto is coming?
The club will unveil its kit at a later date.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 3
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 6
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1