May 14, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The news comes after Giggs flew to the Netherlands where he met with Van Gaal at his home. It was there that a three hour discussion was held, following up on the phone call they shared last week.
While it has yet to emerge whether Giggs intends on continuing his playing career, all indications are that the Welshman is set to accept the offer from Van Gaal. It’s understood that the offer to Giggs represents the last obstacle to sort out before confirming the Dutchman as permanent successor to David Moyes.
Once appointed, Van Gaal’s first bit of business is to sign Luke Shaw after a $45 million offer was rejected earlier this week. All indications are that an improved bid of $50 million should be enough to seal the deal.
- Report: Garcia’s World Cup ethics report to be released after all 0
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 3
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 6
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3