May 14, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The news comes after Giggs flew to the Netherlands where he met with Van Gaal at his home. It was there that a three hour discussion was held, following up on the phone call they shared last week.
While it has yet to emerge whether Giggs intends on continuing his playing career, all indications are that the Welshman is set to accept the offer from Van Gaal. It’s understood that the offer to Giggs represents the last obstacle to sort out before confirming the Dutchman as permanent successor to David Moyes.
Once appointed, Van Gaal’s first bit of business is to sign Luke Shaw after a $45 million offer was rejected earlier this week. All indications are that an improved bid of $50 million should be enough to seal the deal.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3