May 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Great news, Reds supporters: Liverpool’s 2014 keeps going this afternoon with an exclusive stream of a match with Shamrock Rovers on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Liverpool’s traveling squad: Agger, Allen, Aspas, Borini, Brannagan, Coady, Coutinho, Dunn, Ibe, Jones, Kelly, Lussey, McLaughlin, Paez, Peterson, Lucas, Randall, Skrtel, Smith, Trickett Smith, Teixeira, Ward, Williams.
Taking place at a sold-out Aviva Stadium in Ireland, the “home” crowd is expected to be very supportive of Liverpool.
According to the Irish Times:
The Merseysiders earn more on each matchday from tickets and merchandising (around €2.2 million), for instance, than the Dubliners would turn over in a year.
“We’re not in Europe and this doesn’t make up for that emotionally or financially but it’s a stop gap and it’s good for the club,” said Rovers club chairman Jonathan Roche.
“We’ve played Juventus and Tottenham competitively in the last few years plus Real Madrid in a friendly and that’s good for everyone involved.
“It’s good for the players, too, to be playing in front of more than 40,000 people in a stadium like this and hopefully a few of the ones who have come to see Liverpool will look at us and think, ‘I’ll go and see them again’.”
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 3
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Will Chelsea ever lose, Burnley ever win? 0