May 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Great news, Reds supporters: Liverpool’s 2014 keeps going this afternoon with an exclusive stream of a match with Shamrock Rovers on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Liverpool’s traveling squad: Agger, Allen, Aspas, Borini, Brannagan, Coady, Coutinho, Dunn, Ibe, Jones, Kelly, Lussey, McLaughlin, Paez, Peterson, Lucas, Randall, Skrtel, Smith, Trickett Smith, Teixeira, Ward, Williams.
Taking place at a sold-out Aviva Stadium in Ireland, the “home” crowd is expected to be very supportive of Liverpool.
According to the Irish Times:
The Merseysiders earn more on each matchday from tickets and merchandising (around €2.2 million), for instance, than the Dubliners would turn over in a year.
“We’re not in Europe and this doesn’t make up for that emotionally or financially but it’s a stop gap and it’s good for the club,” said Rovers club chairman Jonathan Roche.
“We’ve played Juventus and Tottenham competitively in the last few years plus Real Madrid in a friendly and that’s good for everyone involved.
“It’s good for the players, too, to be playing in front of more than 40,000 people in a stadium like this and hopefully a few of the ones who have come to see Liverpool will look at us and think, ‘I’ll go and see them again’.”
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0