May 14, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
“A World Cup without me is nothing to watch,” were the hilarious words uttered by Zlatan Ibrahimovic following Sweden’s elimination from the 2014 World Cup after the Portugal’s defeat during the UEFA qualifying playoff round.
And while no one took Ibra too serious on his assessment of this summer’s spectacle, the good people of Brazil are making their voices heard on the issue – and it’s clear they want Ibra in Brazil.
Can you blame them?
To get the big man down there to watch the game some of Brazil’s most recognizable celebrities and athletes have created a You Tube campaign called #VemIbra. Dani Alves, Ronaldo, Rai, Denilson and Bebeto all show up to encourage Ibra to pack his bags and join the celebration in Brazil.
Definitely worth a watch and if you look closely, a screenshot from an article our very own Joe Prince-Wright even makes it’s way into the video. If that doesn’t convince Ibra, I don’t know what will!
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0