May 14, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
“A World Cup without me is nothing to watch,” were the hilarious words uttered by Zlatan Ibrahimovic following Sweden’s elimination from the 2014 World Cup after the Portugal’s defeat during the UEFA qualifying playoff round.
And while no one took Ibra too serious on his assessment of this summer’s spectacle, the good people of Brazil are making their voices heard on the issue – and it’s clear they want Ibra in Brazil.
Can you blame them?
To get the big man down there to watch the game some of Brazil’s most recognizable celebrities and athletes have created a You Tube campaign called #VemIbra. Dani Alves, Ronaldo, Rai, Denilson and Bebeto all show up to encourage Ibra to pack his bags and join the celebration in Brazil.
Definitely worth a watch and if you look closely, a screenshot from an article our very own Joe Prince-Wright even makes it’s way into the video. If that doesn’t convince Ibra, I don’t know what will!
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2
- Americans Abroad Wrap: US teenagers go distance for Fulham, Utrecht 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Celebrating the Premier League’s return (and a Mickey Rourke encounter) 3